American International School expansion and Wetland Rehabilitation – Environmental Authorisation granted
If you wish to appeal, please follow the directions below.
28 July 2014
Notice of authorization in terms of the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA) for proposed expansion of the American International School Johannesburg’s (AISJ) existing infrastructure, structures and facilities; as well as the rehabilitation of a wetland on the property. (GDARD reference number: 002/13-14/E0223).
Notice is given in terms of Regulation 10(2) of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2010 of the National Environmental Management Act (No. 107 of 1998) that the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (GDARD) has granted environmental authorisation on 22 July 2014 for the proposed expansion of the American International School Johannesburg’s (AISJ) existing infrastructure, structures and facilities; as well as the rehabilitation of a wetland on the property. (GDARD reference number: 002/13-14/E0223). The Authorization is attached to this email for your reference.
Parties wishing to formally appeal against this decision, must comply with the requirements of Chapter 7 of the EIA Regulations 2010, inter alia:
(1) Lodge a Notice of Intention to Appeal with the MEC, within 20 days of the date of the decision.
(2) Serve a copy of the notice referred to in (1) on the applicant / EAP, Seaton Thomson & Associates (STA) together with a notice advising where and for what period the appeal submission will be available for inspection by the applicant, within 10 days of lodging the Notice of Intent to Appeal
(3) The appeal must be on an official form obtainable from GDARD or STA
(4) The appeal must be submitted in writing and accompanied by a statement setting out the grounds of the appeal, supporting documentation referred to in the appeal, a statement that (2) has been complied with. The Appeal must be lodged within 30 days of the lapsing of the 20 days referred to in (1).
(5) The prescribed application fee should be paid, if any (Not currently applicable)
Such appeal documentation must be lodged with:
Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Office of the MEC
By hand: Diamond Building, 11 Diagonal Street, Newtown, Johannesburg
By Post: PO Box 8769, Johannesburg, 2000
By Fax: 011 240 2770
A copy of such documentation must also be submitted to:
Seaton Thomson and Associates
Attention: Brian Gardner
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 012 667 2109
By post: PO Box 936, Irene, 0062
The Notice of Intention to appeal must be lodged by no later than 11 August 2014. The appeal must be lodged by no later than 11 September 2014.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our offices.